Blog
Events
Ask Sky
SHMU Store

Sunday, April 1, 2012

DIY: Etude House Bubble Hair Coloring in Sweet Orange

Raindrops Despite the rains these past few days, it did not stop me from thinking about this SUMMER! I went to the mall and have the urge to color my hair. I immediately visited Etude House Southmall Branch to grab one of their Bubble Hair Coloring for only 378Php. I wanted the Natural Brown color but unfortunately it was out of stock. :( The available colors that day were Deep Black, Wine Red and Sweet Orange. My first Bubble Hair Coloring was in Wine Red but there was no drastic change. :| So I tried the Sweet Orange.
Credits to: http://deadmansbones.wordpress.com/ for the photo. 

Let's Start! What's inside the box?
  1. Pink sachet. - Hair Color
  2. Pump bottle. - Mysterious Liquid, the Oxidizer
  3. Lavender sachet. - Amazing Treatment
  4. Mini booklet. - Instructions written in Korean.  :( Not helpful at all. 
  5. Mini Zip Lock. - Gloves and Plastic Cape
Inside the Bubble hair coloring box.

Directions, How to use, Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
Directions, Caution, Main Ingredient and Contents. Located outside the box.

STEP 1:
Gloves and Cape, Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
Put on the gloves and plastic cape. Messy hair. I know. :( Forgive me.
                                                                 
STEP2:
Hair Color, Pump Bottle with Oxidizer - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
Hair Color, Pump Bottle with Oxidizer - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
Pour the (1) Hair Color in the (2) Pump Bottle with Oxidizer. Close the Pump Bottle.
STEP 3:                                                             STEP 4:
Hair Color, Pump Bottle with Oxidizer - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange White bubbles - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
DO NOT SHAKE!! Just do this 5 - 6 times only. I'm watching Kris TV while doing this. Haha. Pump the bottle and you're ready to go! Sorry for the FACE! I look STUPID i know. :(
                                                                   
Waiting Game is ON!
Waiting Game - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
Wait for 30 mins - 1 hour before washing.


BEFORE:
My Hair Before - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange My Hair Before - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange


AFTER:
My Hair After - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange My Hair After - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange My Hair After - Bubble Hair Color by Etude House in Sweet Orange
Result: After washing my hair with the Treatment. Natural Lighting. My hair color AFTER. Can you see the color change? Natural Lighting. Sorry for the POOR camera. More obvious color change. Yey! :)
Verdict Time!

What I love:

  • The BUBBLE formula. No need to use a comb/brushes for even application. You just lather it on your hair like you're shampooing. So easy! 
  • The SCENT. I don't know if it's just me or anything but at first it smells like a flower but after a while the scent turns stronger. Like the smell in salon when they dye your hair. 
  • The Gloves and Plastic Cape. It's all in 1 box. Everything you need is provided for you.
  • The A-Mazing Lavender Treatment. It smells so sweet and very calming to your senses. It turns your hair very soft and manageable after wash.

What I hate:

  • The Mini Booklet. Well, I know this product is from Korea and maybe that's the reason why the instruction booklet is written in korean. For me, it didn't help me at all.
  • The Stinging sensation. Maybe it's just me but I had a stinging sensation while applying it on my hair. I really have a sensitive scalp.
  • The Plastic Cape. I know it's on my "What I love" BUT the cape is not sturdy and I stained my tank top even if I had the plastic cape on. Weird.
SCORE: 9/10

My Advice:

  • For even application, section your hair. Start from the bottom hair then just add hair from the top little by little. 
  • If you have dark color hair for base and you want the color to show more, leave the solution for  1 hr. Just like what I did.
  • NOTE TO EVERYONE: If you're going to start applying the hair color you should CHANGE your top with something you wont use anymore.
  • DON'T THROW the excess formula! Apply everything on your hair! Don't forget your sideburns and the baby hairs around your forehead.
Home Hair Dyeing or Salon Dyeing?
Comment Below! :)
     

17 comments:

  1. Does the hair color stay for like a month or so..?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! This is a permanent hair coloring so it stayed for a long time. :)

      Delete
  2. Isang box lang ba yung ginamit mo for your long hair?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi kengsterette! Yup. I only used 1 box for my hair. :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you use shampoo afterwards? or just rinse with water alone?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the hair treatment provided inside the box and for the whole week, I only wash my hair with conditioner. :)

      Delete
  5. Hi! I just saw your video tutorial on applying hair dye. Do you think, mocha pink will have an effect on my black hair? :) Annnd, I have a long hair, almost reaches my waist, is one box enough for this? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Honestly, if you have virgin hair, mocha pink will not make a difference for black hair. I tried wine red also, and it didn't show that much. I strongly suggest using sweet orange for it has the best result for black hair. Go for 2 boxes. Especially if your hair is thick like mine. :)

      Delete
  6. Hi! Halata po ba siya sa natural black hair color? :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the sweet orange?, Yes po. :) If you have virgin hair, I suggest you leave the hair dye a little bit longer. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi! I've dyed my hair golden brown 6mos ago npw the root have grown out. I bought the bubble hair color in dark brown but I realized it might be too dark for my hair haha. Do you think sweet orange would do? Or baka masyadong light naman ung maging effect? Haha heeeelppp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I think mas ok if sweet orange dahil mas close siya sa golden brown. Ung dark brown kasi hindi masyadong magiging obvious kung yung hair mo natural na dark.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi I buy this online I just want to ask it is stand out for black haurs?does it shows well just like the picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's your first time to dye your hair and you have natural black hair then I suggest you leave the hair dye longer. 1 hr is enough. :)

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete